new Delhi. India on Thursday blamed Beijing for the deadlock in eastern Ladakh, saying China has been mobilizing large numbers of troops and munitions along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) since early May and that Chinese forces conduct mutually agreed to rules There has been complete disrespect towards her. It said that the continuation of the current situation would only worsen the environment and would affect the development of the relationship.
This is the first time since the standoff of the military in early May that India has formally accepted the Chinese mobilization over the LAC.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Anurag Shrivastava, in an online briefing, gave a gradual account of the developments along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the eastern Ladakh region and blamed China for the violent clashes in the Galvan Valley on 15 June.
The spokesman said in strong terms that the conduct of the Chinese forces had been in ‘complete disrespect’ to all rules of mutual consent. Srivastava said that India wants China to faithfully ‘follow’ the understanding between the two sides on withdrawing troops to ensure speedy restoration of peace and stability in the border areas. The spokesperson said that the continuation of the current situation will only worsen the environment and will have an impact on the development of the relationship.
A Foreign Ministry spokesman has launched an unusually sharp attack on China at a time when China’s Foreign Ministry and the Ministry of Defense blamed India for the Galvan Valley conflict and the Indian Foreign Ministry for spreading false information about the incident. charged up. He said that in early May the Chinese side took action disrupting India’s ‘normal, traditional’ patrolling in the Galvan Valley region and in mid-May tried to change the status quo in other areas of the western sector.
Srivastava said that this was not in conformity with the provisions of various bilateral agreements, especially in 1993 with the provisions of the key agreement to maintain peace and stability on the border, which states that both sides will be able to keep their military forces in the border areas bordering the LAC. Will keep its presence at a minimum level. He said the recent change in China’s position in the Galvan Valley is an example.
Srivastava said that we had lodged our opposition to China’s action both through diplomatic and military means and made it clear that any such change is unacceptable to us. He said that later on 6 June senior commanders met and agreed to reduce tensions and withdraw from the LAC, which included talk of ‘mutual action’.
Srivastava said that the two sides had agreed to respect LAC and follow the rules and not take any action that would change the status quo. He said that the Chinese side retreated into the Galvan Valley with this understanding regarding LAC and tried to build a structure very close to the LAC.
The spokesman said that when this attempt was thwarted, Chinese troops took violent action on 15 June which resulted in casualties. After this both sides have a large number of deployments in the area, although military and diplomatic contacts are continuing. Srivastava said that the Chinese side has been mobilizing a large number of troops and munitions on the LAC since early May. A spokesman for the Ministry of External Affairs said that clearly, India too had to counter-deploy and since then the tension is automatically visible.
He said that respect for LAC and strict adherence to the relevant rules is the basis of peace and stability in the border areas which was clearly recognized in the 1993 and later agreements. Srivastava said that Indian soldiers are well aware of the alignment of LAC in the India-China border areas and follow it with all sincerity. The spokesman said Indian soldiers have been patrolling the LAC including Galvan Valley for a long time. All structures built by India have been in the Indian territory of LAC.
he said that The Indian side never took any action beyond the LAC and never tried to change the status quo unilaterally. However, this does not happen from the Chinese side and from time to time there is a conflict. The spokesperson said that the meeting on Wednesday on the Indo-China border issue and the Coordination Action Mechanism (WMCC) was an important development. He said that earlier there was a discussion between senior military commanders on 22 June which was focused on implementing the understanding between them on 6 June.